Saturday, December 24, 2011

EE Mission Day 15 - Christmas Eve in "U"

I have about five different blog posts swirling in my mind. My head is swimming with what we have seen the past few days. Most won't be shared until the mission here is complete. When we found out that Kathleen was transferred to an institution and different city, I began thinking of many "What" questions.
  • What will God allow us to see here?
  • What is God's will for this unplanned journey to an institution?
  • What children are there?
  • What is the purpose of this because they new we were coming for her?
Some of those answers are becoming evident.  We now have a much deeper appreciation for what our friends at the Bible Orphan Ministry do to minister to orphans.  What a blessing to have these brothers and sisters share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with the least of these.

You can read stories about orphans living in institutions, but when you experience these things with your own eyes it changes you on many levels. You'll never be the same again.  It's heart wrenching and you want to cry out to every brother and sister you know to take a leap of faith and do something for these precious children.

My memory isn't very good, but I pray God allows what I'm seeing to be at the forefront of my mind as long as I live. I am so thankful He sent us here for these two precious girls. I wish we could bring back more.  I pray we can advocate for the ones that will be left behind.  They are precious and sweet and the desperation in their eyes for love and affection is overwhelming.





Today, I've also been thinking of Christmas, and being so far away from home. Each year I struggle during this holiday season. I battle getting "caught up" in the worldly celebration of what Christmas is all about. Each year I say, "It will be different this year", and instead I end up putting God in a shaker and sprinkling Him here and there on our celebration. Finding the balance is challenging sometimes, as I'm sure many can relate to.

Corey and I are staying in a city that I can't even pronounce. We can't have a conversation with anyone, or go out to eat at a restaurant. We don't have a Christmas tree, wrapped presents, or a meal to fuss over tomorrow, but we do have each other.  Also, most importantly, we have time to truly reflect on why we even celebrate Christmas. Time to reflect on Jesus Christ coming into this world to die on a cross for our sins.  Time to reflect on how He has adopted us into His Kingdom. How overwhelming of a thought this is to me.

We will be on a train for 11 hours tomorrow, with these thoughts to ponder. I miss our children deeply, but we may never have this chance to have this type of Christmas celebration again. Simple, meaningful, focused and wonderful.

Our Father in Heaven has blessed this incredible journey we are on in so many glorious ways. He is the reason we are here, and HE definitely is the reason for this holiday season.

We have court for Gayle on Tuesday; Praise God!  We are continuing to pray for doors to open for a court date next week in Kathleen's region.  We need to get her out as soon as possible!


4 comments:

  1. Blessed Christmas to you both. Thank you so much for sharing your journey. You're in my prayers every day. Both girls are beautiful treasures and will be such a blessing to your family. So glad to hear you have a court date for Gayle, praying for one for Kathleen soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can hardly wait to hear all the details of your trip once you have your baby girls home with you!
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. You are in our thoughts and prayers!!
    Love, The Jenks Family
    http://becauseyouareloved.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love your heart, my sister! The Holy Spirit is at work in you, and He uses you to sharpen me. May You hear His voice and feel His presence in the sweet and quiet moments that you and Cory have together...just the two of you, with your Redeemer, this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stephanie. The girls are precious! We will definitely be praying for a quick court date! I hope you don't mind me asking, but we were told that there is a chance that miss Katelyn may be at Gayle's orphanage. I noticed that she is on the sidebar of your blog. I am her Christmas warrior-fundraising and praying to find her a family. She looks so frightened in her picture and it is several years old. If you happen to see her, would you please take a picture for me and whisper in her ear that I love her? You can reach me by email at millerdec804 at yahoo dot com.

    Stay strong. My husband and I were in Ukraine for 47 days last summer. I have never been so homesick in my life, but Quinton is home now and blossoming before our eyes. It is worth every minute!

    Love and prayers,
    Carol Miller

    ReplyDelete