Tuesday, January 24, 2012

EE Mission Day 46 - Quick update

Many of you are probably wondering where we are at.  We have had poor internet access since being back in Kathleen's region, and can only pick up a signal with Corey's computer.  He is on his computer most of the time working.

We are finishing up paper work today and tomorrow for Kathleen (Yana).  I am feeling very much out of my comfort zone today.  Corey is traveling to Yana's birth town today to obtain a new birth certificate, tax ID number, etc. 

Entrance to Government office for Birth Certificate Records


Tomorrow, I will travel to the capital city of this region, with Yana (2 hours away), for her passport.  We don't like being seperated in this manner, but feel it's in the best interest of Mila. 

Mila started with a fever yesterday, and I am very concerned for her.  Please continue to lift us up in prayer.  We have been feeling down and weary this past week, and know that this gives no glory to our Father in heaven.  We have been in country 6 1/2 weeks, and are hoping/praying to come home 2/1.  We continue to praise God for bringing us to these beautiful girls. 

Sorry this is so short.  We have so much to share, but it's difficult to do at this time.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I`m very sorry about Mila.Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've been following your blog for a little while now; thank you for posting the prayer requests, I will certainly be praying for Mila's health and that the paperwork chasing goes smoothly. I think your honesty about being down does bring God glory and it gives us the opportunity to pray for you. Oh and Congratulations on your two beautiful girls!
    May God continue to Bless your Journey
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your honesty and your selfless mission. I think of you all often and frequently ask Paton if Trevor has said when you will be able to come home. We are eager to meet your new little ones. I'll be praying for adustment for you all in the coming weeks.

    Tara Walters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for the four of you. Poor Mila. Of course you're weary. God's strength is made perfect in weakness. Praying that He continues to keep you safe and well and that He brings you home quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for your safe return home and that you will lean into the grace of our Heavenly Father. Allow Him to hold you together and renew your strength. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for allowing me to follow your journey on your blog. I live about an hour from you all, in Collegeville PA. My parents lived in Gap up to 2 years ago, and attend Calvary cchurch right near you. So, I'm pretty close. So when I saw you were from the area I got very excited. I have 6 children... a 22 mo daughter with Down Syndrome, and 2 boys adopted from Ethiopia. Nice to see other Pennsylvanians listening to God, and doing the adoption thing (seems like everyone is from Wisconsin or Louisiana:)). And special needs is very dear to my heart. Praying you are able to come home tomorrow (2/1). Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help out in any way. I'd love a chance to be able to bless you all. ksseitz@gmail.com
    -Kim Seitzinger

    ReplyDelete