Monday, May 16, 2011

Nothing happens by chance

I am excited to say that so far our Home Study process has proceeded smoothly and quickly, and we haven't hit any bumps in collecting our paperwork.  We are so thankful for the Home Study Agency we are using.  The customer service has been excellent since the very first phone call, and our social worker is wonderful as well.  She is so kind, helpful, and prompt at returning phone calls/emails.  We are hoping for our home visit to be completed the last week of May.  PRAISE GOD!

A primary focus of prayer has been centered around who will care for our three boys during our travel time to the country where Kathleen is located.  We are hopeful that God is revealing his answer.  Several months ago, I met a new face as I was serving in our church nursery.  At that time, she shared that she worked as a nanny.  Her passion to care for children was very evident.  At the beginning of this year, I approached her about overseeing the children in our Home Fellowship group while we have Bible study.  She agreed, and has done a wonderful job.  Her service is such a blessing.  Anyway, yesterday I served in the church nursery with her again.  I shared our story about how God has called us to adopt Kathleen.  I also expressed our concern about what to do with our boys while we travel.  I almost burst into tears when she mentioned that she would be willing to help.  We are hoping to meet with her within the next couple of weeks to discuss a possible plan in more detail.  Our serving in the church nursery together, and meeting so many months ago wasn't because we just so happened to be scheduled on the same day.  I'm convinced that wasn't so.  It's amazing how God is at work in our lives when we're not even aware of it.

I'll close with this verse.  My oldest son learned this verse as a song, and it frequently crosses my thoughts as I read such amazing stories of sacrifice and rescue for these precious children through Reece's Rainbow.

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie, it is so amazing how the Lord goes before us and works out the details. You are on a journey of faith and He is faithful. I'm excited to follow along and watch what He does!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing to know how God works!Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete