Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Moving Forward

Tomorrow, Corey and I have our first appointment with the caseworker/social worker overseeing our home study.  After delivering our application and contract last week, the office manager gave me the required home study checklist and autobiography outline.  I remember looking at the checklist and feeling a little overwhelmed.  I called Corey and asked him if he was ready to put his roller skates on because we had a lot of work to do.  We are hoping to expedite our end of things as quickly as possible.  We have a new 9pm - 1am shift at our home.  I guess this is our information gathering, form filing, autobiography writing shift.  Ha Ha!  I love spending this time with my husband.  My sense of feeling overwhelmed has peeked, and I am now able to focus more on what we need to accomplish to get to Kathleen as quickly as possible.  She is worth it.  I'm thinking of how our lives have changed already.  I can't wrap my mind around the thought of actually seeing her, holding her, playing with her, telling her that she is worthy, and most importantly telling her about our Lord and Savior.

Thank you so much to all the people who have responded to us.  Whether it's through a comment on this blog, email, phone, or in person, we are blessed beyond words to know that so many people are already praying for Kathleen, the adoption process, our family, etc.. Also, thank you to those who have contributed to our Adoption fund to help bring her home.  It is very humbling.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment