Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Supremacy of Christ

Ephesians 6:10-20 - The Whole Armor of God

 10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 13Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 14Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 16In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, 19and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, 20for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.


As Stephanie and I continue to prepare our heart and mind for this mission to adopt Kathleen and Gayle, we have found the thoughts captured in the blogs of other "RR families" (those who have chosen children through Reece's Rainbow) to be quite edifying; covering the full spectrum of emotions.  I am thankful for those that are willing to share their praises, their celebrations, and also their trials and tribulations.

I have found myself focusing on some of the blog entries dealing with the trials families are dealing with while in country.  This may be due to my own thoughts regarding the journey we have committed to embark on; traveling between 2 different orphanages many miles apart in pursuit of Kathleen and Gayle.

I need to be careful on how I use the insights captured in these types of blog posts.  They can definitely help with our own preparation; considering things that maybe we would not have thought of.  Yet, I can already sense the Spiritual warfare that is and will continue as we get closer to the travel part of this mission.  Oh, there are so many "worldly" reasons not to continue this mission. 

Have you felt that way?  Well, if you have, like I have, join me in meditating on the following passage:


Matthew 28:16 - The Great Commission (my emphasis added)

 16Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. 17And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. 18And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Do we really believe what we say we believe is really real?  Do we believe these promises?  Do we really believe in the Supremacy of Jesus Christ?  Watch the ~11 minute video below and be encouraged!

Oh Lord, help my unbelief!

1 comment:

  1. That is the right question! Do we really believe what we say we believe about God? Do we really believe what He claims about Himself? It is true even if nobody believes it.

    Adoption is war, and God is stronger than the enemy! We are praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete