Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Update

I must confess that I'm not a very good "blogger".   The purpose of this blog is to chart our adoption journey, raise awareness about the orphan crisis, and become advocates for the children who still need families.  It is our ultimate desire to give God honor and glory through this process.  Thankfully, my husband has done a much better job than me.  In a way, I'm still resistant to modern day networking.  However, I'm hoping that will soon change.  Over the past months, I've witnessed some amazing things happen through blogs, face book, etc..  I'm realizing that God can and does use these avenues of communication in a positive sense as well. 

We are at the end of our paperwork collecting frenzy.  Thursday, I am picking up our final home study report, signed and notarized.  Also, I'm having two additional documents notarized.  The only thing left is the I-171H approval from USCIS (immigration).  We will have TWO, yes I said TWO, completed dossiers ready to be mailed when this arrives.  One for Kathleen, and one for Gayle.  They are in different orphanages/regions so two separate dossiers are needed.  More than 60 documents I believe. 

The final information needed for immigration approval was mine and Corey's fingerprints.  Yesterday, we traveled about 45 minutes to the INS facility to have this completed.  We were in and out in about 20 minutes.  I learned about a week and a half ago that we've already been assigned an officer, and she is very nice.  I'm sure by next week I'll be stalking our mailman as he approaches our block for that "golden ticket" approval notice.  Praise God for the smooth process so far.

I already love them so much.  I'm hoping and praying that they are indeed available to be adopted.  



2 comments:

  1. Stephanie, how exciting that you have almost gotten everything done. You are so close. I cannot wait for the day(s) when you meet your girls and even better when you get to bring them home. Your family will continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete