Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bittersweet....

Praise the Lord!

I cannot get those 3 words out of my mind; especially as I consider the abundant Grace He has shown in leading Stephanie and I to Kathleen. Every time I look into her eyes, the windows into her precious soul, my Spirit-fed love for her grows.

Praise the Lord!

Although God has blessed us with complete peace in our decision regarding Kathleen, I cannot help but go back and look over the many faces and stories of the dozens and dozens of other children that we saw and gave prayerful consideration to.

Praise the Lord!

May He use the emotions that erupt when I look at the faces of these other children to become a "warrior" for them as well! Rise up Christian (starting with you, Corey), and follow the call to advocate and/or rescue these precious creations of God!!!

Praise the Lord!

'Tis bittersweet...

Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Corey, I think that is the hardest thing there are so many beautiful faces on that site..I want to save them all..or take them all ..all I can do is to keep praying for them, donate when I can and keep sharing their stories..praying that one person who can will donate..who can will adopt one, two , three : ) I LOVE reading the "my family found me page" and all the blogs...God bless you guys ..thank you for taking the leap of faith to save this beautiful little girl...I can't wait to follow along : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corey and Stephanie, we live not far from your family! Do you know Kim and Merle Zimmerman, by any chance? Or Brian and Stephanie Carpenter? Or do you know the Inglins?http://aplaceforpeter.blogspot.com/

    I am so excited to hear about another family so close to home who is adopting a child with special needs! We would love to be in touch with you over time if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete